Spirituality can be defined broadly as a sense of connection to something higher than ourselves. Many people search for meaning in their lives in the realization phase . The seeking of answer to the questions – “Who am I ?” ,” The meaning and purpose of my life”. Ofcourse , spirituality gives a convincing answer to these questions. It definitely helps us to find the means and purpose in a rapidly changing world.The spirituality guides you on the way towards enlightenment. In simple terms , it is a journey to our personal awareness using our sixth sense.
Spirituality can be considered as a sacred dimension and to be more precise , the “inner dimension”. It is really the “deepest values and meanings by which people live” , such as a belief in a supernatural (beyond the known and observable) realm religious experience etc. It is the quality or the feeling of being concerned with the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things. This implies , that spirituality has to do with the spirit, as in the essence of being human — your soul or your inner life. Religions usually have defined beliefs, rituals etc; spirituality is more specific at an individual level.
Seeking a meaningful connection with something bigger than yourself can result in increased positive emotions. Transcendent moments are filled with peace, awe, and contentment—fusion of emotional and spiritual wellbeing , like most aspects of wellbeing. Other emotions related to transcendent moments are compassion , gratitude ,appreciation ,inspiration ,admiration, elevation and love. These emotions have a particular capability of bonding individuals together and are linked gradually with the higher levels of spirituality.
Spirituality is universally connective in the realization that suffering is a part of human existence. Religion also promotes human virtues such as honesty, forgiveness, gratefulness, patience, and dependability, which help to maintain and enhance social relationships. The practice of these human virtues may also directly increase positive emotions and neutralize negative ones.
SPIRITUALITY Benefits : It reaps many benefits for stress relief and overall mental health. It provides you with a
• Feeling of a sense of purpose : Cultivating your spirituality may help uncover what’s most meaningful in your life. By clarifying what’s most important, you can focus less on the unimportant things and eliminate stress.
• Connection to the world : The more you feel you have a purpose in the world, the less solitary you may feel — even when you’re alone. This can lead to a valuable inner peace during difficult times.
• Release of authority : When you feel part of a greater whole, you may realize that you aren’t responsible for everything that happens in life and become stress-free.
• Higher levels of psychological resilience, positive emotions, and improved immune response have all been linked with spirituality.
• It enables us to have the most productive days of your life! Also , it increases the motivation and live every day with joy, passion and excitement.
• It provides us with the long lasting energy that keeps us moving even , when faced with setbacks.
The final words…
This global pandemic cause more uncertainties and fear among us and we all turn to religion and spirituality for support. Humans all over the world are desperate to make sense of the tragedy and psychological pain that is being experienced. Many of our religious and spiritual traditions have been poised to respond to times of crisis since time immemorial.
Staying connected to your inner spirit and the lives of those around you can enhance your quality of life, both mentally and physically. The complete wisdom of spirituality is attained depending on the maturity level , age and life experiences . Spirituality forms the basis of your well-being, helps you cope up with stressors and affirms your purpose in life.With appreciation, love, self-compassion, gratitude, and kindness, we might have a chance to shift into a state of improved wellbeing. We ought to be responsible with your thoughts and your emotions. Also , we need to be responsible in the way you treat others and to find ways to limit your intake of things that can disturb your peace.
Please check the following Wiki link to know further about the spiritual practices and other web sources