The Dr. Ambedkar Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Educational Loans for Overseas Studies for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) and Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) is a scheme that is dedicated for the promotion of education and more importantly education overseas among students belonging to OBCs and EBCs to study abroad in the programmes listed under this scheme.This education loan scheme is a Central Sector Scheme which is designed to provide educational loans to students belonging to OBC and EBC category to study abroad for Masters, M.Phil. and PhD level studies.
- Students should secure admission in any of the approved courses under this scheme for Masters, M.Phil. or PhD.
- The student should avail a loan from a scheduled bank of the Indian Banks Association (IBA) under the Education Loan Scheme.
- An OBC caste certificate is necessary to be produced by the student to give it to the bank they are availing the loan from.
- For OBC candidates, the income ceiling is Rs. 3 lakh per annum.
- For EBC candidates, the income ceiling is Rs. 1 lakh per annum.
- Income certificate needs to be produced by the student while availing an educational loan which can be viz. ITR, Form 16, Audited Accounts, Income certificate (State Govt authorized), UT administration.
Documents Required for Interest Subsidy on Educational Loan for Overseas Studies for EBC:
- Income certificate/ ITR/Form 16/Audited Accounts of employed candidate or his/her parents/guardians below Rs. 300000 (3 lakh)
- Admission proof that student is pursuing higher education in abroad e.g. I-20
- Aadhar card
- Identity proof e.g. passport
- Address proof e.g. electricity bill
- Bank details, account holder name, account number, IFSC code, MICR code
How to apply:
- The scheme is applicable for higher studies abroad. The interest subsidy will be linked with the existing educational loan scheme of Indian Banks Association (IBA) and restricted to students enrolled for course at Masters, M.Phil. and Ph.D. level
- Student has to go designated bank the designated banks will lay down the detailed procedure for processing and sanctioning of interest subsidy to eligible students in consultation with NBCFDC
Whom to Contact and Where to Contact:
- Student has to contact designated bank where he has applied for education loan and should check eligibility and apply with proper documents
- Should contact the District. Collector or District. Manager/Officer of respective SCA’s (state channelizing agencies)
- For getting state channelizing agencies address and contacts state wise please visit following link: http://nbcfdc.gov.in/nbcfdc-scas.php